The National Futsal League, founded in 2008, is a not-for-profit Community Interest Company owned by all its Member Clubs. We operate as LNFS England to reflect our new partnership with the Spanish LNFS. We remain an independent league owned by our clubs and affiliated to the FA but will also benefit from the knowledge and experience developed over more than thirty years by our LNFS colleagues.
Next season our league will operate Premiership and Championship divisions, with over 500 matches planned for a season lasting from September to May. Each match will require two referees, plus a timekeeper appointed by the home side.
Our offer to match officials who agree to officiate in a minimum of ten LNFS England matches during the season is:
- Free referee kit, tracksuit, and bag provided by our league sponsors Joma and L4 Teamwear to the first 50 referees who sign up and agree to officiate in at least ten LNFS England matches;
- Match fees of £35 per referee for each Premiership match and £30 for each Championship match;
- Up to £20 per referee in matchday travel expenses;
- Both match referees are paid the same fee (i.e. no difference between the “referee” and “assistant/second referee”);
- Matchday refreshments provided by the home team; and
- Allocation of matches to referees to minimise their travel time as much as possible.
We also have plans to set up an u18s futsal league, which will provide additional opportunities for match officials and help to develop young referees.
If you are happy to officiate in at least ten LNFS England matches next season please email Peter Sharples, stating your futsal referee qualification level. He will then send the first 50 qualified respondents a link so that you can order your free kit in the correct size.